Recently I assessed a new Custom Body Fitness member who had lost 13 lbs in 15 weeks. It reminded me of another member four months ago who had lost 15 lbs. in the same amount of time. Both of these members were overweight, and most heavy people lose between 2 to 4 lbs a month. Therefore, I was surprised to see people lose more than 10 pounds in the first 5 week assessment. Another sort of member Custom Body Fitness have are those who fall into the “fit” scale. They were active before they walked in the door. This people can put into an “athlete” category. Fit people generally cannot lose 10 lbs in four months, because they are already in the most healthy weight level. However, they also impress me when they lose 2 lbs or lower their fat levels by 1 percent, since few do that. This raises a question: Why do some people, in the same “fat level category” lose a significant amount of fat and others don’t? After assessing hundreds of Custom Body Fitness members, I have found a pattern: Different sorts of habits and behaviors get us different results.
- People who get results are usually open to change. They listen to my suggestions, learn about healthy eating and exercise, and then they put this new knowledge into practice.
- They find a balance between work, family, exercise, and other activities in their lives.
- They change their eating habits by cooking at home, cutting meat intake, adding more vegetables and fruits, eating organic, substituting added beverage for water, and eat five times a day.
- They have an active lifestyle; they come to Custom Body Fitness 3 to 4 times a week, and hike, walk, run, or bike on their own.
- They find support by seeking out active people like themselves who are striving for the same goals.
- They take time to analyze their life—they meditate.
- They figure out their goals, write them down specifying each one, and work towards them.
Some people come to CBF with some knowledge of healthy ways already and just need to be reminded; others simply don’t know how to start they journey to health and weight loss. My hope for all members is that they learn to find a balance in their life in order to accomplish their desires. I want them to feel less frustrated about losing weight and concentrate on their habit changes, not on the weight they are trying lose. So if you want to lose weight in a healthy and fun atmosphere that fits your lifestyle, think about the suggestions above. These pointers have been proven to work, so why not let them help you.