Overeating is a behavior that many people can’t control. Many people overeat for many reasons. Some eat emotionally. When they are depressed, as an example, they overeating as an easy way out of it. Others overeat because they wait until they are extremely hungry to eat. For instance, they skip many meals during the day and when they sit down to eat, they find themselves unable to control their appetite. Many others are trigger for environmental events. For some people, to illustrate, some smells or some areas at home or some restaurants make them overeat.
Many people think that overeaters lack willpower. It is true that overeating is a choice, but this choice come with some desires that sometimes people are not aware of. Therefore, before start changing this compulsive behavior, people need to acknowledge to themselves that they are overeaters. Once this trait has been admitted, people may then be able to think about taking some small steps to control their overeating. Remember that eating five times a day will help many people to eat less at each meal. Also, the body takes around 20 minutes to send a message to the brain to turn off one’s appetite. Therefore, eating slowly is a helpful habit as well.
Here is what you can do to avoid overeating:
- After food your food is placed in front of you, wait five minutes before you eat it.
- Place small bites of food on your fork.
- Complete swallow food before another bite goes to your mouth.
- Put your utensils down between bites.
- Pay attention to the flavors and enjoy them. Think that is your last bite.
- Make your meals last longer.
- Serve yourself small portions and if you still hungry, serve yourself more.
- Leave the table after you finished eating.
- Eat only on the table.
Use these recommendations to eat healthy portions. Overeating is under your control. However, mere willpower does not work. You need consciousness, support and a set of step to follow to defeat overeating. And don’t forget Custom Body Fitness is here to help you achieve your fitness and weight loss goals.